Racing cars have unique features that bring about their significant differences from street cars. From their stunning look to their outstanding performance comes a pack of specially crafted specifications to bring about the difference. Below are some of the unique features these cars come with:
• Enhanced aerodynamics. Most race cars have a smooth body shape geared towards producing the lowest coefficient of friction. They often employ a streamlined design to reduce air resistance and drag. Some manufacturers prefer to use spoilers mounted on the body especially trunk to enhance aero and grip especially when the car is cruising at high speed.
• High engine performance. Race cars require specially made engines with a substantially higher power output than conventional automobiles. Many tuning and engine customizations need high octane fuels. In some applications, manufacturers equip these cars with direct injection systems, nitrous boost or forced induction mechanism to achieve their desired power output goals.
• Weight distribution. The design of a race car usually targets at achieving a balanced power to weight. Consequently, manufacturers prefer to use lightweight materials such as carbon fiber.
• Suspension. The body is specially designed to be closest to the ground as possible to achieve a low COG. Low center of gravity enables them to make high-speed cornering without toppling. Practically, these cars come with bigger wheels with a wide wheel base for a lowly hanging car with a high grip for traction.
• Design. Race car manufacturers always prefer a compact body and chassis. Race cars are by far designed to deal with extreme driving conditions than most conventional streetcars. They come equipped with special safety measures such as roll cages, stopping, parachutes, airbags, and seat-belts for ensuring drivers safety in the event of an accident.
In conclusion, race cars are compact and designed to deal with extreme and harsh driving conditions. Every car feature is carefully designed to achieve undeniably outstanding performance. They are unquestionably reliable in delivering what they offer, and every producer tries as much as possible to produce the winning model as well as impress the customer. Consequently, most of these cars are handmade and offer an ideal source of competition for manufacturers.